THE MYSTERY OF ABRAXAS
I am pleased to send you this document published in the journal ABRAXAS by the V.M. Samael Aun Weor in the year 1976. I hope it is to your liking. Here it is:
”1. ABRAXAS: Esoteric name given by the Basilidians to the Logos or Demiurge architect of the Universe.
2. Watch carefully and we will be able to verify for ourselves, in a direct way, that the letters of that name, reduced to numbers according to the Greek equivalence, give 365, that is, the total number of days that our world needs to make its orbital journey around the Sun.
4. This magical word appears in the Gnostic talismans. A certain symbolic, precious gemstone, used as an amulet, was also called this way.
5. The two serpents of the sacred symbol of the Gnostic group of the “ABRAXAS” allegorize the SULFUR ─ fire─ and the MERCURY ─Metallic Soul of the Sacred Sperm─.
6. I.A.O. is the fundamental mantra of the Magisterium of Fire. Sulfur must fecundate Mercury to form the ORFIC EGG of Alchemy.
7. It is written with characters of fire in the Book of Wisdom, that from within the Alchemical Egg comes the GOLDEN CHILD of Hermetic Art, the PHILOSOPHER’S STONE, the INTIMATE JESUS.
8. The Golden Child must grow and develop within our own Individual Interiority, here and now.
9. Obviously, the Intimate Lord is our INDIVIDUAL SAVIOUR, the Secret Christ in our psyche.
10. The Individual Inner Jesus Christ, within our Individuality, must live his COSMIC DRAMA as written in the Christian Gospel.
11. The Gnostic Alchemist passes through THREE PURIFICATIONS ─by iron and fire─, before the Rooster of the Abraxas –symbol of the Spermatic Mercury– crows for the third time, announcing the Resurrection of the Lord in us.
Now our readers will understand why the Abraxas symbol shines on the cover of our magazine.
’THE KING IS DEAD! LONG LIVE THE KING!’”
Samael Aun Weor
Let me now send you some appropriate sentences:
“ Glory marches on a path so narrow that only one man can go straight ahead.”
“Of all the ordeals in history, there is no ordeal greater than that of glory.”
“ The path to glory is to work to be as you want to be judged.”
“Every number is zero before the infinite.”
SIC LVCEAT LVX VESTRA.
─‘May your light shine like this’─.
KWEN KHAN KHU